You can easily buy a term life policy online by filling up the adequate forms necessary. However, the insurance company requires you to provide certain identity proofs as part of their protocol. The documents listed below are marked mandatory to buy a term life policy online. Go through the list of documents so you have a better idea and can keep the documents handy while filling out your application for a term life insurance plan.
1. Proof of identity: An official identity proof is essential to buy a term insurance plan. Identity proofs such as Aadhar card, passport, driving license, PAN card, voter ID card, etc. Some insurance companies also allow an official letter from a public servant or an authority with an attached photograph.
2. Proof of age: An official document that proves your age is required so that there is proof that you are of eligible age to secure a term life insurance policy. The documents that are applicable for proof of identity can also be shown as your age proof if they contain your date of birth and birth year. Aside from these, you can also submit your birth certificate, school leaving certificate, college leaving certificate, and even a marriage certificate.
3. Proof of address: You also require official proof of your residence. This can be proved by your passport, PAN card, or any other identity proof that is mentioned above. Your ration card, bank statement, or electricity or telephone bill can also be passed as residence proof.
4. Proof of income: Insurance companies demand certified documents for your source of income as well as the type of income to ensure that the policyholder can pay the premiums. The income proof can be provided in the form of salary slips from your employer for the past three months, or a bank statement for the past six months which contains your salary entries. Tax-related documents can also be submitted, such as the latest Form 16 or your Income tax returns over the past two to three years.
5. Medical reports: Your past, as well as present medical records, are required to ensure your medical health and any future medical risks so that the insurance company may get an idea of your current financial condition as well.
6. Photographs: You will have to submit a few copies of your latest passport size photographs.