- The nominee/ claimant can intimate about the claim by filling the Death Claim Form and sending it to us at our head office /nearest bank branch/our offices along with a duly attested photo ID and address proof of the claimant.
Death Claim Form
These forms can also be collected from any of our offices or the respective bank branches.
- Locate our Branch / Office nearest to you.
- Once we receive the duly filled Death Claim Form, we register your claim.
- Once your claim is registered, we will send you the claims pack along with the related forms that needs to be filled.
- These forms can also be collected from any of our offices or the respective bank branches.
- However, in order to expedite the process, we request you to download these forms and submit them along with the relevant additional documents (as mentioned below)
- Please find below the list of forms that needs to be filled and submitted to us for evaluation of the claim:
- Death Claim Form (Form C): This form has to be completed by a valid claimant.
- Physician's Statement (Form P): This form is to be filled up by the medical practitioners who have attended the deceased and the deceased's usual doctor / family doctor.
- Treating Hospital Certificate (Form H): This form is to be completed by the authorities of all the hospitals where the deceased was ever hospitalized.
- Employer Certificate (Form E) / School/ College Certificate (Form S): This form should be completed by the deceased's employer. In case of a minor, this has to be completed by the school / college authorities.
- You can submit or courier these documents to us at our head office or send it to any of our offices or the respective bank branch.
- Locate our Branch / Office nearest to you
The following documents needs to be submitted along with the duly filled forms:
- Original policy document
- Death Certificate issued by Municipal authorities
- Copy of Bank Pass Book/ Cancel Cheque
- Hospital / Other treatment records
- Photo Identification & address proof of the claimant
- Physician's Statement.
- For unnatural / accidental deaths, the following additional documents are required to be submitted:
- Police reports (FIR, Panchnama, Police investigation report, Viscera Report)
- Newspaper cutting (if any)(Detailing the incident)
- In addition to the above listed documents, Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance Co. Ltd. reserves the right to call for any additional documents/ information.
- Submission of claim form/ any other documents should not be construed as acceptance of the claim.
- We start the processing of claim once we receive the forms along with the relevant documents. In case of any clarifications / further requirements, we will get in touch with you.
- Upon verification of the documents, if all the documents are as per the requirements, we will take the decision (Subject to terms and conditions) and communicate the same
- Important Information
Certification / attestation of photocopy of KYC documents (Photo I.D and Address Proof) to be done by any one of the following:
- An agent of the Company
- A Relationship Manager of the Company
- A Branch Manager of a distributing bank
- A Bank Manager of a Nationalized bank with Rubber Stamp
- A Gazetted Officer
- A Head Master / Principal of a Govt. School
- A Magistrate
- Any employee of the company